My advice to you

Monica Bean, H&L Editor

For the last three years we have been nothing but inseparable and not seeing you everyday is something I’ll have to get used to. I remember the day my mom told me it was my job to look out for you on the dance team. Three years ago I would’ve never thought you would become one of my greatest friends, let alone a third sister to me, but I’m so glad you did. Since I won’t be with you next year sadly, I want to tell you a few things that I want you to remember as you go into your senior year.

• Rely on others. Don’t be afraid to ask for help when you need it. Nobody can do everything by themself, and next year you are going to be holding a lot of responsibility, but that doesn’t mean you can’t lean on others for help.
  • Be confident in yourself and your decisions. Trust your gut. You will have a lot of things to decide next year for yourself, whether that is college, dance team or anything else you can think of-your gut will always be your strongest instinct. 
  • Don’t take your time for granted. This next year you have a lot of “lasts” coming up and it’s important you take time to take it all in and enjoy them. Share those memories with your family and friends, and like your mom, take lots of pictures!
  • Spend your time with genuine people. If I learned anything from high school, it is that quality is so much more important than quantity. Anyone would be lucky to have you as a friend but don’t ever let anyone take advantage of your kind heart. 

So Maggie Baldus, thank you every memory you’ve given me and being one of the best parts of my high school years. I can’t wait to see all the things you do and I know you’ll make me proud.