A special place in my heart

Libby Arnold, Sports Co-Editor

March 13, 2020. Just another friday, right? No, this was my last day of school at Xavier High School and I had no idea. 

The class of 2020 will forever hold a special place in my heart. Other Xavier graduates have always told me that senior year is the best year of high school. With that being said, I went into my senior year with high hopes and lots of excitement. Little did I ever expect that to be ripped away by a pandemic. 

We experienced a few of our lasts without even knowing and a majority of our lasts we will never get the chance to experience. Our last normal prom, last spring sports season, last time in khakis and a polo, saying goodbye to our favorite teachers, walking across the stage at graduation, this list could go on and on. There is one last that is the most important, the last time the class of 2020 would have the chance to be together. Being together via Zoom can only do so much but to physically be with your friends and classmates we grew up with means so much and we might not be able to ever do that again before we begin the next chapter of our lives. 

Little freshman Libby had no idea that Xavier High School would be such a blessing. Xavier has blessed me with so many amazing relationships and memories that I will forever cherish. Being a student and athlete at Xavier has taught me so many life lessons and helped shape me into the person I am today. 

High school is the time to find yourself, try new things, meet new people and create memories that you will never forget. You have four short years to create your legacy and leave your mark, but most importantly, to have fun and enjoy being a kid. You never know when a virus is gonna sneak attack you and take away the rest of your senior year.

It breaks my heart not knowing if I will have the opportunity to finish my senior year with my classmates, best friends, teammates and teachers that have made my time here at Xavier so special. Xavier High School will forever have a special place in my heart. I can’t wait to see where the class of 2020 goes and the amazing things each one of us will do.