The one where they graduate

Grace Ries, Editor-In-Chief

Season 1: freshman year. Episode 1: the first day of school. Imagine seven friends in high school who are going to be best friends by the time they are seniors and make many memories together and they have no idea. 

Flash forward to Season 2: sophomore year of high school. The friends are starting to get closer, but aren’t quite at their peak of friendship.

Finally, Season 3: junior year. Episode 1: second month of school. These friends have now become who they are today, “The Felons”, if you know you know. We have all now spent so much time together and become the closest we’ve ever been. 

Over these past four years, we’ve spent so much time together, how could I not get sick of them, right? Wrong. With what has happened these last few months, I haven’t been able to see my best friends, “The Felons” along with the rest of the “Seven Idiots”: Hannah, Ryann and Sam, as much I’ve wanted. This has pushed back many memories we could’ve kept making but I understand that no one could’ve changed that. But that doesn’t change that I’ll miss the Friday night football games and all the memories made with my classmates. 

I’ll miss the nights where I spontaneously went to braid Caitlynn’s hair for the next day of school. 

I’ll miss hot tub talks at Sophie’s.

I’ll miss coffee drives with Libby, to either Starbucks or Dunkin’, whichever we’re feeling. 

I’ll miss random nights driving around looking at the most expensive houses in Cedar Rapids with Hannah, Ryann and Sam. 

I’ll miss newspaper talks with Cate.

I’ll miss all the memories that have changed and impacted me into who I am today. 

So thank you to the “Seven Idiots”. All my years of high school have involved these people and many more with who I am so thankful for and who have made high school worth every moment and every memory it has ever been. Without them by my side, these past four years wouldn’t have been the same. 

Season 4: senior year. The final episode: the one where the class of 2020 graduates. This year has been one heck of a rollercoaster, especially these past few months. Again, I wanted to say thank you to everyone in the class of 2020 and all teachers for the impact they have made on me. 

The next seasons will continue as I move through life and find out who will be there for me and what moments will happen. They’ll help me find my Chandler, Joey or whoever I’m meant to be with. They’ll help me decide to get off the plane when I should. I may not be able to be with all the “Seven Idiots” all the time, but just so you guys know, I’ll be there for you cause you’re there for me too.