Show choir season begins

Allie Andrews, A&E Writer

As the start of the season begins, Xavier’s show choirs joined together on stage at their debut. Xhibition is a preview of the show choirs’ shows. Xhibition took place on Saturday, January 4, 2020 in the Regis-LaSalle Theatre at Xavier High School. These dancing and singing Saints will travel near and far in the next few months to compete against other schools in the area.

“I am looking forward to traveling and competing with the rest of Xhilaration,” senior Connor Moore said. 

Moore has enjoyed being in Xavier’s show choir program since freshman year. 

“I really love the competition season because it allows us to spend more time together and perform a show that we absolutely love,” senior Kate Hessman said. 

Both Moore and Hessman are dance captains for Xhilaration. 

Along with Xhilaration, Xavier has another show choir called Xuberance. Xuberance also performed at the show choir opener Xhibition on Saturday January 4, 2020. 

“I’m also looking forward to cheering on Xuberance at all of our competitions,” Moore said. 

The show choirs are very supportive of each other. 

“I am sad because this will be my last year and I know I will miss it,” Moore said. 

Hessman also commented on this unique bond.

“Xhilaration is a second family for all of us and the memories we share are super strange, but really special,” Hessman said. 

Show choir creates a bond for these students that will last a lifetime. 

The two show choirs will hold their own competition at the end of the season called Xtravaganza in March for the middle schools to compete in.

Xhilaration and Xuberance will compete on Saturday, February 1, 2020 at the Anamosa Sadie Street Showcase.