Thank you, Mom

Libby Arnold, Sports Writer

Imagine getting up on stage in front of 1,100 people to do something you are not comfortable doing. Imagine dancing in front of these people with the goal to raise money for your daughter’s high school. Imagine putting in countless hours with your dance partner to perfect the perfect routine. Imagine staying up late to practice by yourself so you have the perfect timing for each step. Now that seems like a lot of work, time and effort. 

Libby Arnold (center) poses for a photo with her mom Tonya and her sister Emma.

Now also imagine, raising two teenage daughters, working a full time job, coaching your younger daughter’s club basketball team, attending all high school and middle school basketball games, going to every single booster club meeting, making dinner every single night and also trying to perfect the perfect dance routine.

My mom, Tonya Arnold, did all of those things at once. Everyone thinks their mom is the best, but mine is the real deal. She hasn’t danced a day in her life; she was a basketball player, not a dancer. She decided to step out of her comfort zone and try something new. My mom is always supportive of my sister and me. She took on the challenge of dancing to teach my sister and me a very important life lesson. No matter how scary or hard something can be, with hard work and dedication, you can achieve anything. My mom took on Dancing with the Saints to teach my sister and me if you set your mind on something, you can do it. She’s teaching us to never be afraid of a challenge. Not only did she agree to this event to teach my sister and me a valuable life lesson, but of course to support our school. My mom is always there to set up concessions for every home girls’ basketball game and always one of the first people in the stands, alongside my dad and grandparents. One of my mom’s favorite things to do is support Xavier High School.

Thank you, Mom, for supporting Emma and me! Thank you, Mom, for supporting Xavier High School!

Your hard work and dedication does not go unnoticed. I can’t wait to watch all of your hard work pay off tomorrow during your dance.