Thanks to all my friends

William Hanigan, Sports Writer

Every person on our newspaper staff has attempted to put into words the past four years and what it meant to us, or advice to their siblings, or how much their friends mean to them. The truth is, not one of us will come close. I am going to try my best, but I am far from perfect, as all of you know. High school has definitely been the best four years of my life so far, and I know that for certain. I know it won’t be the best years of my life, but I wouldn’t change one thing about the last four years of. I have learned some valuable lessons and made some friends I value more than they know.

Thank you to my friends. I know I have never been the perfect friend, my personality is too polarizing, but you have always been there for me, through anything. Thomas, Gabe, Justin, Sam, and Brandon, I know I am never going to forget the countless nights spent in Gabe’s basement playing FIFA and eating way too many Flamin’ Hot Cheetos. I know I’m guilty of abandoning you guys a few too many times, and I am sorry for that. I can only attribute that to being way too good at FIFA and getting tired of beating all of you. You guys, and everyone else in “The Lads,” have always kept me grounded and at least tried to quell my ego, so shoutout to you guys!

Ropp, Peter, Jacob, and Jared, what can I say about you guys? I remember getting added to a group chat with you one random night and immediately jumping right into a conversation about our personal all-time favorite musicians as if we had been friends for years. I want to thank you guys for accepting me into the elite group that can only be known as “The Boys.” If only the walls of the Hanigan basement could talk, the world could see what great guys you all are, plus a bunch of other stuff that absolutely no one wants or needs to know. I have spent many of the best nights of my life with you guys, and I can only say thank you. That’s about as soft as I can get with you guys, so I’m done.

Thomas Bean, my friend forever, all I can say is that I am proud of you. I know it could not have been easy being friends with me, and it definitely was not easy sharing the field with me, due to my tendency to hog the spotlight, but nonetheless, you have stuck with me. Our opinions may differ on almost everything, but I think that is what has made us stick together. We are so used to disagreeing, we aren’t really phased when we get mad at each other! I know you are going to do great things next year, and again, all I can say is that I am proud of you.

Finally my siblings, Quinn and Andrija, I love you guys! Quinn, I am sorry I am not the most supportive, nicest, most inclusive brother, but I like to think some of my tough love has helped you. You are one of the smartest people I know; don’t forget how intelligent you are. I think I might have pressured you to make yourself a little more like me because I thought that was what was best for you, but I was wrong. Be yourself, and people will always appreciate it. We are very different, and that’s fine. Enjoy your last two years; I am going to miss you next year, even if you don’t think so. Andrija, my Croatian bro, I am so glad you came. I have always wanted a little brother, and I hope I have made your year in America fun. You have become a best friend, and you better come back next year!

Don’t be mad if I didn’t mention your name in this! Like I said earlier, words can only do so much justice, so come talk to me before summer. I appreciate everyone who has impacted my four years.

William Hanigan

Sports Writer