To the life changers

Maria Steffen, Assistant Sports Editor

Throughout the last four years of my life, numerous individuals have come and gone. No matter how long they stayed, each and every one of them has made an impact on my life, and I will forever be grateful.

To my coaches: I will forever owe each and every one of you, because you not only made me better on the court and field, but in the hallways, at home, and in our community. The lessons you taught me outside of sports will stick with me forever, no matter how far I go. Thank you for all your time and energy that has been donated over the years, and I hope you continue to affect other’s lives like you did mine.

To my teachers: Thank you for your endless dedication to my education. The education I have received at Xavier High School has more than prepared me for the next four years. Not only do you invest yourselves into each of your students, but you also provide the occasional “shovel” at the end of the quarter when I’ve dug myself into that hole for the past eight weeks. Thank you.

To my friends: Thank you all for being there for me. Whether new or old, you are the best things to ever happen to me. We’ve made memories I’ll hold close to my heart forever. I know we’re going all over the country next year, but I can’t wait to come visit you on monthly road trips. You have truly changed my life forever, and I can’t wait for us to grow together.

To my brothers, Michael and Sean: Take in your next three years of high school. Stay true to who you are and live your life care-free while you can. Thank you for the endless laughs and the never-ending smiles you put on my face. Try not to miss me too much next year.

And last, but certainly not least, To Mom and Dad: You guys probably deserve an award for putting up with me for the past 17 years. Seriously, you guys are awesome. Thank you for listening to my complaints, cleaning up my messes, and dealing with my mood swings for the past four years. I always say how “things always work out for me,” and that is more than likely because of you guys. Thank you, and I love you.

Maria Steffen

Assistant Sports Editor