Discover Xavier

Noah Lynch, News Editor

Hundreds of prospective students will gather to learn more about Xavier High School next week. Discover Xavier Night is an event where 8th grade students come to Xavier and learn about what life as a Xavier student is like. The event will be held on Monday, November 13 and is put on by Xavier administration and student volunteers.

On the night of the event, the students and parents are separated and learn about Xavier in different ways. The parents will hear from seniors Paige Diebold and Gabriel Lux and social studies teacher Mr. Mike  Goldsmith. They will share what their experiences have been like at Xavier thus far. Students, on the other hand, will get to learn about Xavier in a different way than previous years.

“Families have the opportunity to hear from students, faculty, and staff about what makes Xavier exceptional,” Cara Joens, Chief Organizer of the event and Admissions Coordinator, said. “New this year, we have turned up the fun factor on the student program and will be offering preview performances from our band, choir, dance team, and cheerleaders.  Our plan is to showcase as much of Xavier as possible in a short amount of time with the help of many volunteers.”

Principal Tom Keating started Discover Xavier Night during the 2004-2005 school year, but it has changed over time. In recent years it has moved from January to November. This year will be the first time students get to experience the pep-rally format instead of a normal information session. Students are taken on a tour of the school, led by Xavier Ambassadors. There is also an Activities Fair to provide information about the various teams and clubs at Xavier.

“The night is designed to give prospective students and their parents a feel for what Xavier is all about,” Principal Keating said. “It helps them understand what four years at Xavier might look like. It also gives them a great idea of the opportunities available to get involved.”

The event will help students see a future at Xavier, and it could be the first step in their high school experience.

Noah Lynch

News Editor