Stolen memories

Cody Clemenson, A&E Writer

Through my four years at Xavier, I have seen many ups and downs. Friendships made, broken and healed. But I had always told myself I never thought I would ever miss this place. I kept telling myself, once I got to my senior year, it was smooth sailing from there. I could slack off harder than I ever had and come to school late cause I had earned it. Most importantly though, I could experience things only seniors at high school can. A real graduation, the senior walk, my senior prom-but all those things have been taken away from me, with no signs of return.

Unfortunately, there is no one to blame for this. No one person who can take responsibility for the loss of these huge life moments. That doesn’t make the loss sting any less. What does hurt is how poorly the seniors have been treated through all of this. It’s felt like we’ve been given the bare minimum information, just enough to string us along to graduation. Many of us have had no opportunity to present our input on the current situation, and when the moment did arise, it ended in our student elected president getting scolded for presenting the chance for the student body to speak on how they felt. It sucks.

To all my fellow seniors, it’s been a fun ride and I can’t wait to see where everyone ends up. To all the understanding teachers, thank you for fielding our rampant emails in these trying times. I am glad I chose to partake in the newspaper and would recommend everyone who wants an outlet to write about how they feel about something should definitely go out for it.