Show choir showcase

Lauren Ulveling, A&E Writer

Xavier’s varsity show choir, Xhilaration, is off to a great start, placing sixth at Ankeny, fourth at Benton, and second at Anamosa and Mount Pleasant. The group won overall best vocals at Mt. Pleasant. In addition, Junior Tyler Reid won best female soloist at Mt. Pleasant and Benton, while senior Jackson Miller won best male soloist at Mt. Pleasant.

“The friendships and excitement to perform makes me want to keep being a part of show choir. Over the years, I have made so many incredible memories and have learned so much from directors and other members,” junior Kate Hessman said.

Xavier’s Varsity show choir, Xhilaration, dancing at the Sadie Street Showcase in Anamosa. Photo Submitted.

Hessman has been in show choir for six years and is excited for the remainder of the season.

“This is my 5th year in show choir, and I come back each year because I love getting to perform next to my best friends,” sophomore Jack Delaney said. “My goal for this season is that everyone enjoys the moment on stage and that no one has any regrets.”

Xhilaration has been hard at work since July learning their show. The set consists of “The River”, “Barton Hollow”, “Something in the Water”, “Make Way”, and “Keep the Faith”.

Similarly, junior Lucy Kolaas is a long time show choir member and has high hopes for the season.

“This year will be my sixth year in show choir. I have been doing show choir since sixth grade and have always looked up to members of Xavier show choirs. What draws me back every year is definitely just the passion that people have for the activity and also how much people in show choir appreciate each other,” Kolaas said.

Xhilaration’s next show is February 23, at Marion High School.