Xpress

To the girls…

Erin Hassenstab, Copy Editor

To the girls who share my last name, the ones pictured beside me in the yearbook, the ones whose lockers I’m in between, and the ones whose names will be called right before and right after mine at graduation: my sisters, this is it. For the past 18 years we have been together for everything. Now, in just a few short days, we will be sitting next to each other in our caps and gowns waiting to graduate high school, and in a few short months, we will be heading off to college. While we will all be at UNI next year, I’m going to guess we won’t be seeing each other every day like we’re used to. Before we go off to our separate dorms, I wanted to thank you. Thank you for being my biggest supporters and harshest critics. You’ve driven me, inspired me, and flat out forced me to become a better and more accepting person. On a less deep level, thank you for failing at nearly every sport with me, telling me just how bad I look before leaving the house, and dealing with my bossy attitude for the entirety of elementary school. Your patience and brutal honesty have saved me more times than I can count.

It’s been the biggest blessing to have two people understand exactly what I’m going through, and I’m going to miss sharing every experience with you guys. I’m sure mom and dad will be thankful to not hear three versions of the same story every night, but it’s going to be hard to not have you automatically know what’s going on in my life. While I know we’re all ready to not just be known as “one of the triplets,” it’s been an honor having that be my biggest identifier. We’re often asked what it’s like to be a triplet, and while we don’t know any different, I know I wouldn’t want it any other way.

Erin Hassenstab

Copy Editor

• To the girls…

Showcase

Cover: Senior Issue

• To the girls…

Backpage

In the Blink of an Eye: Newspaper Senior Staff

• To the girls…

Arts & Entertainment

Saints shine at Galaxy

• To the girls…

News

2nd annual Senior Walk

• To the girls…

Showcase

Cover 5/3

• To the girls…

Backpage, Feature and Mini, Health and Lifestyle, and Student Life pages

Prom through the Decades

• To the girls…

How to: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

• To the girls…

Backpage

Promposals

• To the girls…

Arts & Entertainment

Cartoon Student Circus

• To the girls…

Showcase

Seniors lead hopes for state soccer

The student news site of Xavier High School
To the girls…