Xpress

To my princiPAL…

Janessa Klein, Opinion Writer

Imagine walking into your job and the CEO of your company greeting you by name and telling you to have a good day. Imagine him or her knowing what activities you are involved in and being genuinely curious about those said activities. This feeling is probably unimaginable to most people, but for me, I was able to feel like this most days throughout my four years at Xavier High School. Many mornings, I would trudge into school right as the one minute bell was ringing, hoping I would be able to make it to my classroom before prayer. Waking up at 6:45 a.m. is really not fun when you have three tests to look forward to that day. However, with a simple “Hello,” and a quick “How are you doing this morning, Janessa?” from the “CEO” as I was speed walking through the X, my day was able to start off on a positive note and I was able to walk into first period with a smile on my face.

I have been blessed to know our principal for the majority of my life. His son, Ryan, and I have gone to school together since we were in kindergarten, and I am ever so grateful for this. Our principal has constantly been a smiling face in the hallways and lunch room. Throughout high school, many people know how some days may feel like the worst days ever and some days you can feel as if nobody is happy to see you. But with our principal offering smiles, words of encouragement, and greeting most by their names, high school truly doesn’t seem too bad. When it seems as if nothing will go my way, I know that at least my principal believes in me. And, can it really be that bad if he is also the boss of all our teachers?

Now, some may say that I am just trying to boost my GPA for the last week of school or that I am trying to get that last letter of recommendation, but honestly, how many people can say their “CEO” greets them by name and has a whole conversation about their soccer season whenever they have the chance? I have been extremely blessed to have this principal for all four years of high school, and I am saddened he is moving on, but you know, amazing people need to continue on to amazing things. So, in conclusion, Mr. Keating, thank you for making me and countless other students feel as if we always had our CEO believing in us.

Janessa Klein

Opinion Writer

• Media

Homecoming 2018

• Photos

School Spirit Photo Contest

• To my princiPAL…

Backpage, Feature and Mini, Health and Lifestyle, and Student Life pages

Mental Health Awareness

• To my princiPAL…

Fall Harvest Bucket List

• To my princiPAL…

Who’s Your Team?

• To my princiPAL…

Backpage

Homecoming Proposals

• Opinion

Always more to the story…

• To my princiPAL…

Showcase

Cover: Senior Issue

• To my princiPAL…

Backpage

In the Blink of an Eye: Newspaper Senior Staff

• To my princiPAL…

Arts & Entertainment

Saints shine at Galaxy

The student news site of Xavier High School
To my princiPAL…