Langholz sisters ready to roll

Keera Ball, Sports Writer

Many say siblings bring out the best in each other. Senior Katie Langholz and junior Sarah Langholz hope to transfer this saying to the bowling alley. These sisters can call one another a teammate during the bowling season.

“Bowling with Sarah is enjoyable,” K. Langholz said. “We get pretty competitive with each other at practice, but it is all worth it.”

With competitive nature comes fun competition, which demands a lot of focus.

“Bowling is a very mental sport,” S. Langholz said. “The hardest part is not letting a bad shot impact you.”

The sisters are both in their third year of bowling. Sarah started as a freshman and Katie started as a sophomore. Bowling had always just been a hobby, but quickly turned into a competitive sport for the two.

“We started bowling because we just wanted to try it,” S. Langholz said. “Bowling is the only activity that we participate in together. It brings a special bond between us, which we would not have without bowling.”

The girls’ bowling team is making a comeback this year. They finished 3-8 last season, but have already won their first three meets this season. The team returned five out of six starters from last year. Last season they just missed a chance to bowl at the state meet, which makes this year’s goal of making it to state that much bigger.

“We definitely know we can make it to state this year,” K. Langholz said. “We work hard every day at practice and meets to get better so we can qualify.”

The Saints defeated Cedar Falls 2648-2288 on Friday, December 8. They bowled at the Cedar Rapids Prairie Invite at Lancer Lanes on Friday, December 15 and Saturday, December 16. They are back in action tonight against Dubuque Wahlert at 3:45 p.m. at Cherry Lanes in Dubuque.

Keera Ball

Sports Writer