Xavier hires Harken

Noah Lynch, News Editor

The Xavier Foundation welcomed a new member to their team. Mary Harken has taken a position as the new Director of Development and started her work at Xavier on September 6. Harken will manage new plans for the Foundation’s development and oversee general fundraising campaigns and initiatives.

The  Xavier  Foundation is a non-profit organization that partners with Xavier High School to help with funding that goes beyond tuition and parish subsidies. The Foundation works with donors and coordinates fundraisers that help support the Catholic education provided at Xavier.

“The Xavier Foundation is critical to the success of Xavier High School,” Xavier  Principal Tom Keating said. “The Foundation raises over $700,000 per year to support Xavier programs and help pay the debt on our building.  Through their communication efforts and fundraising events, the Foundation connects our parishioners, alumni, and local businesses to Xavier High School. We are blessed to have Mrs. Harken, Mrs. Jump and Mr. Ireland working to put Xavier in a position to be the best we can be!”

Before coming to the Xavier Foundation, Harken previously worked for six years as the Director of Investor Relations for the Urbandale Chamber of Commerce. She has also worked as the Associate Vice-President for Marketing Services at the Institute for Professional Development in Phoenix, Arizona. Harken graduated from Upper Iowa University, where she received a Master’s Degree in Marketing.

“The people, passion, and mission at Xavier High School and the Xavier Foundation are the reasons why I was drawn to this organization and why I love working here,” Harken said. “It is truly a special place! I’ve been able to jump right in as we launched the 2017 Parish Appeal on the heels of my start date. It’s allowing me to learn how the community and parishes collaborate to support Xavier High School students.”

Harken will continue to help support Xavier and the Catholic education it provides.

Noah Lynch

News Editor